My name is Tina Charlton and together with my partner and our son Kai I live surrounded by magnificent trees and the wild ocean in the beautiful town of Denmark in the Great Southern area of Western Australia.
I was very fortunate to have invaluable support throughout my pregnancy, Kai’s birth and the time after. I wholeheartedly believe that this is the reason why I am a happy and healthy mama to a happy and healthy baby. However, I worked very hard to have the birth that I wanted. I had to fight for it. I believe that this shouldn’t have been necessary.
The time of becoming a mother should be sacred and filled with love and support. This is why I became a doula. I want you to have the birth that you desire, because you deserve it.
My mission is to hold space for you, so you can tap into your intuition, return home to your inner knowing, and trust in the beauty of your body’s birthing wisdom.
I will provide you with emotional, physical, and informational support throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period, so that you feel safe and supported during your journey into motherhood.
How I can support you
- I listen to you and support your inner knowing. I will acknowledge your fears, wishes, and needs and will help you formulate your birth plan accordingly.
- Coming from a science background I believe in the importance of evidence-based information. As your doula I will provide you with the latest research so you can make informed conscious decisions for yourself and your baby, and achieve the birth you want.
- I prepare your partner to be the best possible support at your birth, so you can fully focus on what is most important – yourself and your baby.
- I will help you maintain your autonomy as the birthing mother, so you can make the choices that are right for you. Freely and without judgement.
- I am trained in acupressure and massage, which will minimise discomfort and allows you to stay positive and calm.
- As your birth support I provide you with ongoing information, techniques and tools, and continuity of care throughout your pregnancy, birth and after. I can be your person of trust, who knows you and makes you feel safe and cared for.
- I am familiar with the hypnobirthing philosophy, language, and tools. This enables me to give the best possible support should you be using hypnobirthing techniques. I will encourage your health care providers to support you in that as well.
- I am familiar with Spinning Babies tools and techniques to encourage your baby into a better position during pregnancy and labour and to reduce the risk of interventions and caesarean.
- I will support you in the time after your baby is born, so you can focus on establishing breastfeeding, bonding, and falling in love with your baby.
My name is Tina Charlton and I am a Doula who has trained at the Doula Training Academy. If you would like to talk more about your birthing options, please contact me.