My name is Amber. I live in Kingsley with my husband, son & daughter. I am a Doula and a HypnoBirthing International The Mongan Method Childbirth Educator.
After both the birth of my own son and supporting my friend in her amazing births at the King Edwards Family Birth Centre in 2017, I decided I wanted to support families on their journey into parenthood. I have a passion for Sign Language and have studied Cert II & III in Auslan at Tafe. I use this as a base for Baby Sign and Communication.
Hartley’s Meadow was what I named my own calm zone whilst I was pregnant. Hartley means ‘a stag/deer’ and was a name I discovered in a baby name book. As soon as I saw this name I could see the fresh green grass, feel the cool breeze, and hear all the animals. I went to this space to relax and be with my baby. After completing my HypnoBirthing® training we were given a Parent Handout book. The final relaxation within it describes taking yourself to a forest and following a fawn to something magical. This is the feeling and experience I wish to be able to pass onto all families that I work with- a beautiful, calmness that leads to something magical.
My own birth experiences include the King Edward Family Birth Centre and a planned homebirth with a private midwife turned unassisted birth.
Current Training and Certifications
- HypnoBirthing® International The Mongan Method Childbirth Educator
- Doula Certification Doula Training Academy
- Understanding the Infant Microbiome
- Hypnobirthing Australia™ Supporting Caregiver
- Cert II Auslan NM TAFE
- Breastfeeding for Birth Professionals from Maternal Instincts by Amberley
- The Thompson Method Breastfeeding Program
- Birth Cartographer Training with Catherine Bell
- Safer Baby Bundle (Still Birth Awareness)
- 13 Moons by Indie Birth
- Freebirth by H.E.R.B.A.L
My name is Amber Kevill and I have trained through the Doula Training Academy and I am based in the northern suburbs of Perth. If you would like to discuss my services, please contact me:
0403 128 736