Platinum Level Doula Training WA
The Doula Training Academy is the platinum level training for doulas based in Western Australia and has the “Platinum Training Provider” status with “Seal of Excellence” through the International Institute for Complementary Therapist (IICT).
This training is more comprehensive than any other doula training available and will provide you with everything you need to know to be a doula and confidently support women and their partners through pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond.
- Module 1 – Your Business Mindset
- Module 2 – Business Savvy Doula
- Module 3 – Childbirth Education – Back to Basics Birthing
- Module 4 – Rights of Childbearing Women
- Module 5 – Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregiver Training
- Module 6 – Your Doula Toolkit
- Module 7 – Pelvic Pathways Optimal Positioning
- Module 8 – Physiological Birth versus Inductions
- Module 9 – Variations of Birth
- Module 10 – Interventions
- Module 11 – Supporting Caesarean Birth
- Module 12 – Supporting VBAC Birth
- Module 13 – Stillbirth & Bereaved Parents
- Module 14 – Managing Trauma & Self-Care
- Module 15 – Breastfeeding Support
- Module 16 – Postpartum Support
- Module 17 – Mother Blessings, Rituals & Cultural Appropriation
What Should I Expect?
With the limited time we have during your 14 day intensive training, we do our best to cover most of the modules listed with professional speakers highly experienced in those areas. As part of the face to face training package, you will also be given access to the online training platform so you can go back and refresh what we shared, plus continue to go through each of the modules that were not discussed – this is incredible value for both face to face doula training and the online course as an added bonus.
This training will be very hands-on and incredibly comprehensive and what you don’t learn in this training will be covered in follow up webinars through the Academy you will become a member of.
The training will include demonstrations of complementary therapies and then practising massage, acupressure, meditation, hypnosis and positioning techniques on each other, but also on a pregnant woman that will attend the specific training day for practice of those techniques.
This is where your learning really starts – with hands on demonstrations plus our experience and knowledge in ensuring that you are performing these skill sets safely and effectively not only for your client, but for yourself as well.
This will be an exciting, thriving and heart-centred career for the right women, while also providing an ongoing learning hub and village of support for those who train at the Doula Training Academy.
Your course investment comprises of over 100 hours (14 days) of Face to Face Training:
- Comprehensive Birth Doula training in a relaxing yet professional venue close to public transport with all kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Guest speaker workshops who are experts in their field
- All course materials
- Morning & Afternoon teas
- 12-month membership to Doula Training Academy for continued professional development (CPD)
- Access to resource library including books, CD’s and DVD’s to share with your clients
- Starter kit for your doula bag
- Birth Plan templates
- Fear Release and Relaxation scripts for your clients
- Templates for contracts and other business resources
- Affiliate link for Back to Basics Birthing online course, which will provide you with commission income
- 50% discount on your membership with International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) for insurance
- Discount website design and hosting package with web designer Adrian Georgel
- Online mentoring and support group
- Extra bonus gifts.
Dates for 2021
We offer three 14 day intensive training courses a year in Perth, Western Australia.
These courses book out very quickly as we only take between 8 and 10 people for each course so that you receive more personal, individualised training.
The 14 day training courses for 2021 are:
March 2021 – Saturday 6th March to Sunday 21st March 2021 (2 days off on 13th & 14th March 2021)
August 2021 – Saturday 7th August to Sunday 22nd August 2021 (2 days off on 14th & 15th August 2021)
November 2021 – Saturday 6th November to Sunday 21st November (2 days off on 13th & 14th November 2021)
Enquire About Face to Face Doula Training
If you have any questions or would like to register for a face to face doula training course then please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.