Platinum Level Doula Training WA
The Doula Training Academy is the platinum level training for doulas based in Western Australia and has the “Platinum Training Provider” status with “Seal of Excellence” through the International Institute for Complementary Therapist (IICT).
This training is more comprehensive than any other doula training available and will provide you with everything you need to know to be a doula and confidently support women and their partners through pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond.
The content that will be covered during this comprehensive training will be presented by therapists and professionals highly experienced in those areas:
- Module 1 – Your Business Mindset
- Module 2 – Business Savvy Doula
- Module 3 – Childbirth Education – Back to Basics Birthing
- Module 4 – Rights of Childbearing Women
- Module 5 – Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregiver Training
- Module 6 – Your Doula Toolkit
- Module 7 – Pelvic Pathways Optimal Positioning
- Module 8 – Physiological Birth versus Inductions
- Module 9 – Variations of Birth
- Module 10 – Interventions
- Module 11 – Supporting Caesarean Birth
- Module 12 – Supporting VBAC Birth
- Module 13 – Stillbirth & Bereaved Parents
- Module 14 – Managing Trauma & Self-Care
- Module 15 – Breastfeeding Support
- Module 16 – Postpartum Support
- Module 17 – Mother Blessings, Rituals & Cultural Appropriation
What Should I Expect?
These competency modules include guest speakers and other professionals who will share their expert information, knowledge and resources.
This training will be very hands-on and incredibly comprehensive and what you don’t learn in this training will be covered in follow up webinars through the Academy you will become a member of.
The training will include demonstrations of complementary therapies and then practising massage, acupressure, meditation, hypnosis and positioning techniques on each other, but also on a pregnant woman that will attend the specific training day for practice of those techniques.
This is where your learning really starts – with hands on demonstrations plus our experience and knowledge in ensuring that you are performing these skill sets safely and effectively not only for your client, but for yourself as well.
This will be an exciting, thriving and heart-centred career for the right women, while also providing an ongoing learning hub and village of support for those who train at the Doula Training Academy.
Your course investment comprises of over 100 hours (14 days) of Face to Face Training:
- Comprehensive Birth Doula training in a relaxing yet professional venue close to public transport with all kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Guest speaker workshops who are experts in their field
- All course materials
- Morning & Afternoon teas
- 12-month membership to Doula Training Academy for continued professional development (CPD)
- Access to resource library including books, CD’s and DVD’s to share with your clients
- Starter kit for your doula bag
- Birth Plan templates
- Fear Release and Relaxation scripts for your clients
- Templates for contracts and other business resources
- Affiliate link for Back to Basics Birthing online course, which will provide you with commission income
- 50% discount on your membership with International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) for insurance
- Discount website design and hosting package with web designer Adrian Georgel
- Online mentoring and support group
- Extra bonus gifts.