Your Instructor: Vicki Hobbs
I have been running my own women’s health business since 2004, and my success has come from acknowledging that “knowledge is power” and that knowledge is only gained from ongoing education – you can never know it all and changes happen consistently.
As a multi-award winning Childbirth Educator and Doula who is trained in many different complementary therapies I am highly regarded in the community as well as the birthing industry.
I really want to share this knowledge and experience with new doulas who will then have exceptional skills, tools and techniques to share with their pregnant clients and partners to help make their birthing journey a calm, positive experience.
This online training will be incredibly comprehensive and what you don’t learn in this training will be covered in follow up webinars through the Academy you will become a member of.
The training will be about learning, listening, watching demonstrations and then you will be practising massage, acupressure, meditation / hypnosis and optimum positioning techniques on pregnant women as part of your case studies.
This is where your learning really starts – with hands on demonstrations plus my experience and knowledge in ensuring that you are performing these skill sets safely and effectively not only for your client, but for yourself as well.
I look forward to sharing this program with you.
One of my favourite quotes is:
“Childbirth is an experience in a woman’s life that holds the power to transform her forever. Passing through these powerful gates – in her own way – remembering all the generations of women who walk with her…. She is never alone.”
- Module 1 – Your Business Mindset
- Module 2 – Business Savvy Doula
- Module 3 – Childbirth Education – Back to Basics Birthing
- Module 4 – Rights of Childbearing Women
- Module 5 – Mind, Body, Emotions & Hypnobirthing
- Module 6 – Your Doula Toolkit
- Module 7 – Pelvic Pathways Optimal Positioning
- Module 8 – Physiological Birth versus Inductions
- Module 9 – Variations of Birth
- Module 10 – Interventions
- Module 11 – Supporting Caesarean Birth
- Module 12 – Supporting VBAC Birth
- Module 13 – Stillbirth & Bereaved Parents
- Module 14 – Managing Trauma & Self-Care
- Module 15 – Breastfeeding Support
- Module 16 – Postpartum Support
- Module 17 – Mother Blessings, Rituals & Cultural Appropriation
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.