I’m Hayley, Defence force wife & Mother of 4 amazing daughters (two born at Kaleeya Hospital and two born at home) – from toddler to teenagers.
I am based in Mount Barker and service the Mount Barker, Denmark and Albany areas.
I have never had any fear around birth – I watched my Mum give birth to my brother when I was a teenager & from then on was always in absolute awe of the raw power of birth. This is where it all began!
I have a Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) and have been attending births since 2008, though after years of practice I decided that in order to truly be able to support families holistically, the best way forward was through providing a Doula service – certifying with the Doula Training Academy.
I also offer Independent Birth & Early Parenting Education. I Iove being able to fully focus on the wellbeing of families from pregnancy, during birth & as they navigate their parenting journey – filling in the gaps that are often left wide open in maternity care today.
If you are looking for an experienced birth bestie then look no further. Let me help you navigate the system I know so well & give you the tools to find your power, harness it and have the best birth and postpartum possible!
Random Facts about me…
- I am a typical Aries – bold, headstrong, determined, direct, empath, strong sense of justice, fiery, hate hypocrisy, keeper of my word.
- I used to ride racehorses and train competition horses.
- I am an avid gardener & always have vegies in our mainly-edible garden.
- I am a dare devil.
- I love to cook/bake & eat.
- I have worked & volunteered in the aged & disability care sector.
- I have Crohn’s disease.
- I swear like a f#@king sailor – oops.
- I hate putting together flat packed furniture.
- I love a good day out op shopping with our kids.
It is my life’s work to help new parents have the best birthing and early parenting experience as possible by providing a birthing & postpartum Doula service, and Birth and Early Parenting education. Let me assist you in navigating this journey with confidence and help you settle into life with your new baby.
I am based in the Perth Hills and cover all of Perth Metro area, and regional areas by arrangement: