If a woman doesn’t look like a Goddess during labor, then someone isn’t treating her right. – Ina May Gaskin –
Hi, my name is Kristina. I’m a Doula and massage therapist based in Untermeitingen (between Landsberg am Lech and Augsburg) in Germany.
I found my true calling when I had my first baby. At that time I realised that doctors’ and hospital policies are mainly based on anecdotes, personal beliefs and the fear of litigation, rather than scientific evidence.
As a mum-to-be you are in good hands with me if you want to know everything about your options and your body’s abilities while trying to conceive, during pregnancy, birth, in the postpartum period (and beyond).
I will support you without judgement and I am not bound by policies – I am there just for you!
As a mother and professionally trained doula myself, I can help you with my knowledge and experiences exactly the way you need and want it. During your pregnancy, we will talk about your wishes, the most suitable health care providers for your needs and I will help you to write down your birth preferences.
Through massages and acupressure I can help you relax before and during the birth and make you as comfortable as possible during this special time in your life.
During the postpartum weeks, I will look after you lovingly and nurture you, and will always take the time to listen to your challenges.
No matter how your pregnancy and birth journey unfolds, I aim to be the one person that is with you through it all, and you can rely on me being there. I also want to guide your partner into parenthood, so that he can feel well-prepared and confident in his new role as a dad. I always understand us to be a team.
I currently work in the following areas: Landsberg am Lech, Augsburg and everything in between (including Schwabmühlhausen and Bobingen). I also cover other areas on request.
Here’s a list of my qualifications:
- Ganzkörpermassage (Full Body Massage) – Massage München (2019)
- Birth Doula – Doula Training Academy (2018)
- Physiological Birth & Inductions in-person training – Rachel Reed – Midwife Thinking (2018)
- Effective Doula Support – Physiological Birth & Variations in-person training – Rachel Reed -Midwife Thinking (2018)
- Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss – Amy Wright Glenn – The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death (July 2018)
- Supportive Caregiver – Hypnobirthing Australia (2018)
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Approved Trainer Ginny Phang-Davey (2018)
- Newborn Mothers Postpartum Professional- Julia Jones – Newborn Mothers (2017)
- Traditional Malay Postnatal Care – Iryuni Nordin (2017)
- Postnatal Doula – Australian Doulas (2016)
If you would like to know more about my services and how they will be of benefit to you, please contact me to arrange an obligation-free first meeting.